School and Youth Field Trips
The 18th century comes alive for students during a visit to Historic Fort Steuben!
Tours include map and surveying demonstrations of the Northwest Territory, a Lewis & Clark display, as well as visits to the First Federal Land Office, the Officers' Quarters, the Enlisted Men's Quarters, the Quartermaster's, the Artificer Shop, the Hospital, the Commissary, the Guardhouse and the Frontiersman's Camp. The Museum Shop is a popular stop, too.
• Learn about frontier medicine in the Hospital
• The archaeological site reveals the hidden past
• Interpreters tell the stories of the fort
• See how the enlisted men lived
• Learn about surveying using 18th century tools and techniques
• Optional "Make it & Take it" activities are available
Students can enjoy their bag lunch in the historian hall or on benches and picnic tables on the grounds. The cost for school, scout or youth groups is $5/student; add a craft for $2 more. Adults are $7/person with one free adult for every 10 students.
To download a field trip reservation form: CLICK HERE